Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, also known as PM Kisan Yojana, was introduced on December 1, 2018, with the sole motive of providing minimum income support of Rs 6000 per year to all small and marginal farmers across the country.
The amount of Rs 6000 is directly credited to the farmer’s bank account in three installments of Rs 2000 once every four months.
Being a successful and one of the most popular central government schemes, many farmers across the country cannot get the benefits of this scheme due to the lack of information such as who can apply and what is the eligibility for PM Kisan Yojana.
To make it easy for the farmer and their families to know the application process and other details regarding the PM Kisan Yojana, we are here with a simple step-by-step guide on all the required information to gain the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
Who is eligible for the PM Kisan Yojana?
To gain the benefits of any scheme of facilities, the first thing you need to do is check whether we are eligible for it or not. Let’s check the eligibility requirement for PM Kisan Yojana.
- Farmer should be the resident of India
- All small and marginal farmers, irrespective of caste and religion, are eligible for this scheme
- The farmer family owns up to only 2 Hectares of cultivable land that can be used for agriculture operations in urban and rural areas.
Once you find yourself eligible for the scheme, here comes the most important phase of getting the benefits of PM Kisan Yojana, i.e., how to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. Before going for the registration, you should have the required document with you
What are the Documents Required For the Registration of PM Kisan Yojana?
If you are registering for PM Kisan Yojana online, you must upload a scanned photocopy of the documents below.
However, in case of registering offline then, you must attach these documents along with your application form.
Here is the list of documents required for registering the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Proof of citizenship, i.e., Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, and other government-approved documents. etc
- Proof of ownership of the agricultural land
- Details of a bank account, including bank name, account number, branch name, and IFSC code for receiving the amount of Rs 6000
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- Go to the Official PM KISAN portal.
- Scroll down to the ‘Framers Corner’ section.
- Click on ‘New Farmer Registration’ from the drop-down menu.
- The page titled “New Farmer Registration Form” will appear.
- Select the ‘Rural Farmer Registration’ or ‘Urban Farmer Registration’ option.
- Enter the Aadhar Number, state from the drop-down list, and captcha. Click the ‘Search’ button to verify his or her identity.
- If the farmer’s information isn’t located in the database, the page will display a confirmation and prompt you to register yourself. The farmer must select the ‘Yes’ option.
- Fill in the personal and banking information on the registration form. Click the ‘save’ button. And it is done.
NOTE: eKYC is MANDATORY for PMKISAN Registered Farmers. OTP Based eKYC is available on PMKISAN Portal. or nearest CSC centres may be contacted for Biometric based eKYC.
As we all know, even after lots of innovation and industries throughout the country, farming contributes a major portion to the GDP of our country. Still, the financial condition of farmers, especially a farmer with land less than 2 hectares, is not very good.
This scheme, PM Kisan Yojana, is a good initiative by the government to support this farmer even though the amount of Rs 6000 is much less and needs to be increased.
In this post, we have tried to help farmers understand the scheme’s registration process, especially how to check eligibility for PM Kisan Yojana and apply for PM Kisan Yojana online and offline.
For more information regarding other govt. Scheme visit this site, or you can also write in the comment box for any specific information.